Sweetwater Lake offers prime locations for Hunting in the Flatops Wilderness Area #25
Please note that Sweetwater does not sell Hunting licenses, so remember to bring it with you.
- Rent on of our Rowboats or Canoes by the hour, Half Day or for the full day and tempt rainbow trout, brown trout, and kokane salmon.
- Fly Fish from either of the two docks (As pictured above)
- Bring your own motorless boat to launch into lake (No gas motors allowed on lake by fedderal regulation, trolling motors only)
- Full-Day Fishing Trips - Horseback straight to either Hack Lake or Turret Meadows and spend the day catching brook and cutthroat trout. (You must bring your fishing license and all equipment must fit on a horse. We can provide some gear if needed.)
- Adventure Ride - Immerse yourself in western tradition; ride horses through the majestic Flat Tops Wilderness and return with the setting sun. Enjoy views of the Maroon Bells, the Sawatch Range and New York Mountains. Leaves when the cowboy coffee is still steamin' and returns when the dinner bell is ringin'.
Cowboy Brown Bag lunch will be provided.