Sweetwater Lake offers prime locations for both fly and lure fishing
Please note that Sweetwater does not sell fishing licenses! A license is required to fish on Sweewater Lake and during all horseback fishing trips, so remember to bring it with you.
Fish on our 60 acre lake!
- Rent on of our Rowboats or Canoes by the hour, Half Day or for the full day and tempt rainbow trout, brown trout, and kokane salmon.
- Fly Fish from either of the two docks (As pictured above)
- Bring your own motorless boat to launch into lake (No gas motors allowed on lake by fedderal regulation, trolling motors only)
Take a ride on a horse to pristine mountain lakes!
- Full-Day Fishing Trips - Horseback straight to either Hack Lake or Turret Meadows and spend the day catching brook and cutthroat trout. (You must bring your fishing license and all equipment must fit on a horse. We can provide some gear if needed.)
- Adventure Ride - Immerse yourself in western tradition; ride horses through the majestic Flat Tops Wilderness and return with the setting sun. Enjoy views of the Maroon Bells, the Sawatch Range and New York Mountains. Leaves when the cowboy coffee is still steamin' and returns when the dinner bell is ringin'.
Cowboy Brown Bag lunch will be provided.
Summer Pack Fishing Trips
Ride and pack into our base camp in Sweetwater Creek or Goat Mountain camp in Turret Creek. Enjoy everything cooked on an open fire along with Dutch oven baking. A real Western Adventure! A $50 deposit lassos your horse. All food and gear provided.
- Two days with one overnight
- Three to five days into the Flat Tops Wilderness or Sweetwater Summer Camp.
Other locations for summer pack trips include the Maroon Bells Wilderness in the White River National Forest and the Rawah Wilderness in the Roosevelt National Forest. Please call Brink Outfitters for more details.